My Music Video!

My Website

My Website
Please click here to view my website!

Monday, December 3, 2018

Blog Post 8: My Initial Proposal

I create an initial proposal as I had an initial idea that I wanted to note down and work on before I forgot it. It was also crucial for me as it was something physical for me to give to my teacher and my class mates so that I could receive criticism and feedback on it in order for me to improve it. We spent a lesson writing down our initial ideas before presenting them to our class in order for the feedback to occur. The brief demanded that the adverts where to be tailored for an audience of 16-25 year olds, focusing on region and youth. From my previous research, I had found that this audience was interested in documentaries such as 'Blue Planet' and so, inspired by genre hybridity and parodying from the 'Michael Jackson Pepsi' advert, I tried to parody the documentary style in my adverts. Furthermore, in order to show a focus on region and youth, I tried to plan the story so that locations familiar to the audience would be included (eg. terraced houses) and had a cast of late teens.


Initial Proposal Pg. 1
Initial Proposal Pg. 2


The feedback I got back from my class was essential as it helped me ensure that the narrative that I had wouldn't be too complex and that I wasn't trying to be overly ambitious. I was reminded of SMART and therefore redrafted my initial proposal down into something that I could manage and create in the timeframe given.

No comments:

Post a Comment