My Music Video!

My Website

My Website
Please click here to view my website!

Monday, December 3, 2018

Blog Post 2: Channel 4

I researched Channel 4 in order to see the style that the Channel has and, therefore the style and types of adverts that they broadcast throughout the week. I'm aware that Channel 4's target audience consists of 18-30 year olds (stated on the PSB Remit) and that my TA are 16-25 year olds which crosses over with Channel 4's demographic. Therefore, I did this in order to see which type of programmed attracted specifically my TA the most in order to see the time in which my advert would have the widest reach.

Channel4 TV Guide for Fridays
Channel4 TV Guides for Tuesday


Channel4 Target Audience 

Channel4 Background Information

PSB Remit

Channel4 Scheduling

Channel4 General Statistics


I found this particularly useful to look at each of the programme's ratings and demographics and to look at the TV guide as it gave me a structure to work around and through looking at each show’s ratings I could see which time was most suitable to air the adverts at. I ended up settling on airing the advert at 7pm on a Tuesday between Hollyoaks and Channel4 News and 9pm before Gogglebox on a Friday as all three of those shows have a high demographic of young adult, in particular, university students. I also found out that all the adverts on Channel4 included a shot of the app being used on a smartphone which I kept in mind and used later on in my adverts.

No comments:

Post a Comment