My Music Video!

My Website

My Website
Please click here to view my website!

Thursday, October 10, 2019

Post 10: My Production Review

After I had finished my products, I received audience feedback from my teachers and peers of what they thought was done well and what they believed I could have done better for next time. I also questioned a group of 6 people that were 16-24 to get audience feedback as well. This was the overall feedback.

Website and Social Media:
WWW: Overall, there was a clear sense of branding and aesthetic with a strong colour palette. It was also quite easy to navigate.
EBI: Some sections were not very conventional such as the names in the menu bar. There were also issues with how clear certain aspects were such as the arrows on slideshows and how fast the slides transitioned (which was too fast). There was also a slight issue of not making my artist, Sketch, the clear main focal on the second page.

Music Video:
WWW: There was a good use of colour and the stop-motion was interesting to watch, this alongside the facepaint, made it very memorable. There was a coherent storyline which was easy to follow and the editing flowed well without any sudden or unexpected cuts.
EBI: There was a lack of conviction and slight awkwardness felt in the acting that made the music video feel less professional. There was also a clear quality difference between the studio shots and location shots creating an inconsistency in quality.

Overall, the feedback has given me an idea of whether or not my final product would be successful if it was actually released under Sony. I feel as though it would have been moderately successful. More importantly, the criticism allows me to see where I went wrong and where I can improve if I was to do this brief again, mainly, I need to focus on maintaining a consistent standard.

Music Video shown to my target group.
Music Video with improvements made in response to feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment