My Music Video!

My Website

My Website
Please click here to view my website!

Monday, October 7, 2019

Post 7: My pop artist

For my artist's look, I referenced the current style of several different pop artists. I knew that I wanted to create a unique image that would stand out and so I decided to incorporate several different styles together.

I liked the idea of eccentric make up with bold colors in an avante-guard fashion and one of the only artists in the music industry that I knew who did this was Bjork. I was especially inspired by her bold make up looked which took up the whole of the upper half of her face, acting almost as a mask (such as the one on the left).






Continuing with the avante-guard style, I wanted to match the hair with the makeup. Something clean looking that you wouldn't usually see someone sporting. An example of this was slicked back hair like the one worn on the right by Zendaya (on a red carpet event). I wanted to replicate hair that you could find on the fashion runway.
Finally for the outfit, I wanted to use fashion that is currently popular. One of these styles is street wear, in particular Harujuku which was popularized in the West by the Hallyu Wave and pop artists such as Gwen Stefani.

I wanted to pay homage to my oriental ethnicity and use traditional clothing whilst keeping it modern and 'pop', similar to Stefani's backin dancers on the left who have combine traditional Japanese hairstyles with more modern sailor outfits.

No comments:

Post a Comment