My Music Video!

My Website

My Website
Please click here to view my website!

Saturday, October 13, 2018

The Big Issue Poster Evaluation

What Went Well:
I think that my cover turned out pretty well with the use of a consistent colour scheme and style and use of key core conventions of magazine covers such as using a focal image, tag line and use of brand logo. I also feel that the style of edit matches that of Big Issue through bright colours, bold font and direct eye contact between the audience and the person in the focal image. 

Even Better If:

I feel as though the actual image itself could’ve been edited better to seem more natural. Additionally, I could’ve done more with the blank background that would bring more attention to the focal image. The way I used the Big Issue logo could’ve also been more conventional as they do not alter their logo in any other cover and therefore my version does not fit the Big Issue style and branding. 

1 comment:

  1. Your work on the Big Issue cover has been good. You have shown good understanding of magazine conventions and demonstrated technical ability of a high standard. You had an ambitious idea for the front cover and you were able to follow through in the editing. However, a couple of the conventions are not quite in place: the missing masthead and the cover headline, which made your cover hard to theme effectively as the music special. EBI - to follow the requirements of the brief more carefully. Take a look at more BI covers for layout/composition.

    ReplyDelete