My Music Video!

My Website

My Website
Please click here to view my website!

Saturday, October 13, 2018

Compare and Contrast of Big Issue Covers

Issue 1327

My Attempt
For the big issue cover I have created, I have tried to emulate and match Big Issue’s style as much as possible. For example, I took reference of the Joe Wicks (issue 1327) cover layout such as having a person as the focal image in the center of the page. Both people have direct eye contact with the audience in order to create direct engagement and address and therefore encourage readers to buy the issue. Despite this, I’ve edited my focal image unlike the other cover. I’ve also chosen to write in a bold font that would catch the readers audience with the theme of the cover as largest font (‘Easter’ and ‘Poverty’). This is done so that the audience will be able to see what the issue will be about and whether or not they would be interested in it’s potential content. I’ve also tried to create a consistent theme in colour and style with the same styles font and red and white as the colour scheme in order to make it look more together. As my colour scheme was red and I had the tag line from ‘rags to riches’ I also included a red jacket to pay homage to the uniform of vendors of the Big Issue. Despite this, I strayed away from the convention of having the Big Issue logo as rectangular and in the corner of the page and instead tried to incorporate it into the clothing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment